|The Steelers and Giants remain in the hunt, but Pittsburgh puts a small dent in the champions' armor. (US Presswire)|
Editor's note: After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs, ranked in order by seed.
Playoff picture projections: Week 9
1. Houston Texans (South champion)
2. New England Patriots (East champion)
3. Denver Broncos (West champion)
4. Baltimore Ravens (North champion)
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (wild card No. 1)
6. Indianapolis Colts (wild card No. 2)
1. Atlanta Falcons (South champion)
2. Chicago Bears (North champion)
3. San Francisco 49ers (West champion)
4. New York Giants (East champion)
5. Green Bay Packers (wild card No. 1)
6. Seattle Seahawks (wild card No. 2)
There isn't a lot of change this week, although the Giants have dropped down in terms of seeding after their loss to the Steelers.
Speaking of the Steelers, watch out for them in the AFC. They are coming on.
As for a team to watch on the outside right now, it's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They are 4-4 and playing some explosive offense.