I've done six previous mock drafts, and in each of them I had the Houston Texans taking a quarterback with the first overall pick.
For this one, Mock No. 7, I do not.
There's a chance the Texans pass on the top quarterback prospects and take South Carolina defensive end Jadaveon Clowney. I don't think it will happen, but it could.
So for this one, I have Clowney going No. 1 to the Texans and the Jacksonville Jaguars, picking third, taking the first quarterback, that being Central Florida's Blake Bortles. I think a month from now Bortles will be the Texans' guy. For now, I am open to other ideas, thus the change.
Hey, we have to shake it up, right?
1. Houston Texans -- Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: Just for this one, I have the Texans taking the edge rusher. It has nothing to do with a pro day either.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida: They could spend time easing him in with Chad Henne signed.
8. Minnesota Vikings -- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville: Norv Turner likes deepball throwers, and Bridgewater can be that.
9. Buffalo Bills -- Taylor Lewan, T, Michigan: It just seems to make too much sense that they take a tackle to upgrade their line.
10. Detroit Lions -- Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech: He's big and can run, which is a nice combination.
11. Tennessee Titans -- Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA: I will keep him in this spot because they have a real need as they move to more 34 looks.
13. St. Louis Rams -- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama: Their back end needs upgrading in the worst way.
14. Chicago Bears -- Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State: They have to get better up front. They've added some bodies, but not enough.
16. Dallas Cowboys -- Zack Martin, G/T, Notre Dame: This would make their offensive line the strong point of the team after having so many problems.
18. New York Jets -- Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State: They have a big hole at corner and this kid could fill it.
20. Arizona Cardinals -- Kony Ealy, OLB/DE, Missouri: They are looking for more edge rushers and this kid has the speed, even if he didn't always play to it.
21. Green Bay Packers -- Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State: They looked so slow at times at linebacker. Shazier can run.
24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State: This kid is rising in the eyes of the scouts. He has unreal athletic ability.
25. San Diego Chargers -- Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame: They have to get stronger in the middle of their defense.
26. Cleveland -- Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State: They pass on a quarterback with the fourth pick and end up taking Carr here.
27. New Orleans Saints -- Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn: He has the speed off the edge they have to get.
28. Carolina Panthers -- Cyrus Kouandijo, T, Alabama: They have issues at receiver, but they have to get a left tackle.
30. San Francisco 49ers -- Marqise Lee, WR, USC: Why is he dropping down so many boards? It makes no sense. The 49ers need another receiver.
31. Denver Broncos -- Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU: He's the type of football player that a GM like John Elway would love to have.