This is Day 1 of the NHL lockout, 2012 edition. Every day, we'll serve up some CBA talk roundup from the Internet and help you get your hockey fix. Let's begin, shall we?
• Sean Gordon and James Mirtle with some rays of sunshine and pieces of coal: Reasons why the lockout will be short, and reasons why the season is in jeopardy. (Globe and Mail)
• What's on the line beyond this season? Gary Bettman's legacy, according to Michael Grange. (Sportsnet)
• "The league's 30 general managers have handed out contracts worth $1.67 billion to 179 players since July 1, according to Matthew Wuest, the man behind capgeek.com, but at the same time are demanding salary clawbacks." (The Toronto Star)
• Don't forget, there will still be some hockey being played. Sean Gentille has some AHL teams you can keep an eye on that have some NHL talent heading back to the farm. (Sporting News)
• What better way to illustrate the fans' pain than through a Sunday comic? (Puck Daddy)
Why not start with the greatest moment in USA Hockey history?