NHL lockout: No progress made during Wednesday's talks

By Adam Gretz | Hockey writer

NHLLockoutIn what's becoming a rather familiar storyline in the ongoing CBA discussions, no progress appears to have been made during Wednesday's meetings in New York.

Not only was there no progress, the two sides seemed to disagree on what the actual discussion was about based on their public statements after the meetings came to an end.

Steve Fehr, special counsel for the NHLPA, said (via Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News) that even though no proposals were made on Wednesday the two sides were seeking out where the other is and what can be done to make progress on the financial issues. The financial issues, of course, are the biggest thing that keeps driving the lockout.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly, however, said that no money was discussed and no progress was made elsewhere.

Given that the NHL regular season was supposed to start on Thursday (before the first two weeks of the schedule were canceled last week) that has to be frustrating news for hockey fans.

Daly also said Thursday that the league has already lost $230 million in revenue with the cancellation of the preseason and the first two weeks of the regular season.

For more hockey news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnHockey and @agretz on Twitter and like us on Facebook.

CBSSports Facebook Google Plus
COMMENTS
Conversation powered by Livefyre

nhl Video

July 28, 2015
Derek Stephan signs long-term deal with Rangers (0:51)
July 27, 2015
NHL offseason grades: Atlantic Division
(3:17)
July 27, 2015
Derek Stepan signs 6-year extension with Rangers
(1:54)
July 24, 2015
Holtby signs new 5-year deal with Capitals
(2:05)

Latest

Most Popular

Picks and Projections
Get the latest picks and projections sent directly to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!
Be on the lookout for the latest picks, lines, projections and analysis in your inbox.