The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• The Canucks lost to the Dallas Stars on Friday night, but there was a personal milestone for Henrik Sedin. He became Vancouver's all-time leading scorer with 757 points, passing Markus Naslund. [Recap]
• Jonathan Bernier earned his second straight win in net for the Kings. But he didn't really have to do much, stopping 12 of 13 shots in a 2-1 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets. This is how the Kings beat you -- they own the puck and don't give you any chances. [Recap]
• Craig Adams, of all people, helped to power the Penguins to a 3-1 win in Winnipeg with a two-goal effort. Over the previous three years, Adams had scored just nine goals in the NHL. It was actually the fifth two-goal game of his career, the previous four coming as a member of the Carolina Hurricanes. His last one was on Oct. 13, 2006 vs. the Atlanta Thrashers. [Recap]
• The Buffalo Sabres have a new player of the game award. Some teams give out hard hat or lunch boxes or something to signify hard work. The Sabres? They're giving out a fur coat with a giant Sabres logo on the back.
• Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford remains day-to-day. [Chicago Sun-Times]
So, I guess the Golden Helmet is done.The Sabres now rock a logo embroidered fur coat for their player of the game. twitter.com/davidvbogart/s…— Dave Bogart (@davidvbogart) February 16, 2013
Saturday Schedule (All Times ET)
Tampa Bay at Florida (3 p.m.)
Ottawa at Toronto (7 p.m.)
Philadelphia at Montreal (7 p.m.)
New Jersey at New York Islanders (7 p.m.)
Anaheim at Nashville (8 p.m.)
Columbus at Phoenix (8 p.m.)
Colorado at Edmonton (10 p.m.)