The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• The Canucks are all ready for their game on Saturday night sporting the old Millionaires jersey. Remember how Cory Schneider even had a mask made just for it? Well, so did Roberto Luongo. This goaltending battle is pretty awesome as you'll see later.
• The Capitals have tried multiple players on the top-line wing opposite Alex Ovechkin. On Saturday night? It will be Aaron Volpatti. Seriously. He of five points in 58 career NHL games. (Washington Times)
• Gary Bettman hears you, Mr. Mayor of Columbus. He knows the NHL owes your city an All-Star Game. (Columbus Dispatch)
• More Canucks/Millionaires: Johnny Canuck will make a return on Saturday night to match the Millionaires' old-time fun. Here's a teaser clip.
• Minor trade on Friday as the Florida Panthers acquired defenseman T.J. Brennan from the Buffalo Sabres for a fifth-round pick in this year's draft. The pick is the one that Florida acquired from L.A. So for those keeping score at home, it has essentially become a four-team trade with the Panthers getting Brennan from Buffalo, the Kings getting Keaton Ellerby from Florida, the Devils getting Andrei Loktionov from Los Angeles and, finally, the Sabres getting New Jersey's fifth-round draft selection. Kind of crazy. (Panthers)
• The Kings will be making their visit to the White House soon as the reigning Stanley Cup champs. When Darryl Sutter talks to President Obama, he doesn't want to talk hockey. He's an Alberta man; he wants to discuss oil. (Pro Hockey Talk)
• Finally, speaking of that Luongo/Schneider combo in Vancouver, they and James Duthie at TSN had a little fun with their situation. Nothing better than seeing pro athletes who can make fun of their situations/themselves.
Washington at Boston (1 ET)
NY Rangers at Pittsburgh (1 ET, NHL Network)
Minnesota at Colorado (3 ET)
Ottawa at Buffalo (3 ET)
Montreal at New Jersey (7 ET, NHL Network)
Carolina at Tampa Bay (7 ET)
Winnipeg at Toronto (7 ET)
Phoenix at Columbus (7 ET)
NY Islanders at Florida (7:30 ET)
Chicago at Dallas (8 ET)
Anaheim at St. Louis (8 ET)
Detroit at Vancouver (10 ET)
San Jose at Los Angeles (10:30 ET)