The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• The only goal in regulation that Carolina's Dan Ellis gave up last night to the Rangers was this one above where he got knocked down and out of the play. Carolina lost in the shootout. I think that would quality for #DanEllisProblems.
• Things aren't going very well for the San Jose Sharks at the moment but don't look for them to rebuild, that's just not in the plans in San Jose. But that doesn't mean Doug Wilson will do nothing, it just depends how the next two weeks go. (Mercury News)
"He's the best all-around centerman that I've coached, period. Period. Faceoffs, last minute, first minute, penalty killer. Plays against everybody's top player, whether it's a defenseman, a center, a checking role or an offensive role. He plays 20-plus minutes. Doesn't take penalties. It's the whole deal. He can play it whatever way we want. Do you want to come and get me? Come and get me ... He can play it any way we want. And you know what? The best thing about Kopitar is he's getting better. And when they do the comparisons with guys that are like that, there's only a handful of them."
• There has been a lot of talk about Colton Orr and his playing time in Toronto this season, most all of it wondering why he gets so much. Cam Charron takes a detailed look at "the absurdity of Colton Orr." (The Leafs Nation)
• A look at what has gone wrong for every NHL team this season and why you should be happy about that from the always entertaining Sean McIndoe. (Grantland)
• Tuesday night will be the last time that the Kings wear the black and purple sweaters that they wore primarily from 2002-2010. After the game against Phoenix, they go away for good.
Florida at Carolina (7 ET)
NY Rangers at New Jersey (7 ET)
Ottawa at NY Islanders (7 ET)
Nashville at Columbus (7 ET)
Buffalo at Montreal (7:30 ET)
Washington at Pittsburgh (7:30 ET)
Boston at Winnipeg (8 ET)
St. Louis at Vancouver (10 ET)
Phoenix at Los Angeles (10:30 ET)