NHL Daily Fix: Fan goes streaking in Calgary, LeBron on the Hawks
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Thursday: A fan went streaking Calgary, Martin Brodeur remains out and LeBron James sees you, Blackhawks.
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• Now here's something you don't see every day in hockey. A fan in Calgary went onto the ice in nothing but his skivvies last night and was promptly escorted away. OK, see, now I'm confused: Did this guy have cold feet or not? (Deadspin)
• The New York Rangers made a waiver claim on Wednesday, grabbing Roman Hamrlik from the Capitals. The veteran defenseman figures to be able to help the Rangers get by in the absence of Marc Staal. (New York Daily News)
• Speaking of Staal ... more visor talk! Larry Brooks says the league actually favors all players wearing a visor, but it has to be a joint decision. (@NYP_Brooksie)
• Because talking heads run out of things to talk about very quickly, there's been a lot of debate about the Blackhawks vs. the NBA's Miami Heat, which team's current run is more impressive. One product of that talk was that LeBron James took notice of the Blackhawks' work.
• From Stu Hackel, here are the 10 most powerful people in the NHL. Well it's actually 15 people, only one of whom is a player. (SI.com)
• Because Top 10 lists were the order of the day, here's another one; the 10 least powerful people in sports. Hockey only had one representative; Islanders GM Garth Snow. Poor Garth, everybody can see how hamstrung he is. (SI.com)
An unhappy and quietly fuming Dan Boyle after #SJSharks 4-1 loss to CGY:“It just sucked from the beginning. It just sucked, I think.”— David Pollak (@PollakOnSharks) March 7, 2013
Florida at Washington (7 ET)
Buffalo at New Jersey (7 ET)
N.Y. Rangers at N.Y. Islanders (7 ET)
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia (7 ET, NHL Network)
Montreal at Carolina (7 ET)
Toronto at Boston (7 ET)
Vancouver at Columbus (7 ET)
Winnipeg at Tampa Bay (7:30 ET)
Edmonton at Detroit (7:30 ET)
St. Louis at Phoenix (9 ET)
Dallas at Los Angeles (10:30 ET)
'Let's Go Crazy' will be blaring after goals at the Xcel Energy Center from now on
Canada loses their top left winger, but brings in the postseason's leading scorer as a rep...
As training camps get closer, prices tend to go down
Lucic signs with Oilers, Okposo goes to Buffalo, Bruins land Backes
After a thrilling Summer Games in Rio, there's a big question hanging over the 2018 Winter...
After making his decision, the Harvard star's biggest challenges remain ahead of him