NHL Daily Fix: Habs make fool of rookie; Max Talbot breaks leg
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Monday: The Canadiens pulled a prank on a rookie, Max Talbot has a broken leg and tragedy out of Kazakhstan.
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• This just seems appropriate on April Fools' Day. The Montreal Canadiens let rookie Nathan Beaulieu go onto the ice first for a public practice and left him hanging for a full warmup skate circle. Rookies.
• Just awful news from Kazakhstan on Sunday. Pro player Dmitri Uchaykin died after being hospitalized from a hit to the head during a game played Saturday. He slipped into a coma and died from a brain hemorrage. Ucahykin, 33, leaves behind his pregnant wife and a daughter. (The Hockey House)
• Sidney Crosby 's presence in Pittsburgh alone helped allure Jarome Iginla to the Pittsburgh Penguins but was there some tampering involved? From the league's perspective, the answer will probably be no. But it's still a question worth asking. (CBC)
• More bad news for the Philadelphia Flyers . Maxime Talbot is out for the remainder of the season after breaking his leg. (Flyers) The injury came on a failed hit attempt on the Washington Capitals ' Mike Green on Sunday. (YouTube)
• Meanwhile, Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov got a little upset when the Flyers fell down to the Caps 4-2. So he chucked his water bottle toward the bench. Nice throwing motion, Bryz. I hear Eagles tryouts are soon. (The Flyers did come back to win 5-4 in OT.)
• The Dallas Stars might have only lost 3-2 on Sunday night, but they were dominated by the Kings, being outshot 40-15. Coach Glen Gulutzan was not happy and is challenging his team to respond right now. (The Dallas Morning News)
• One player sad to see the month of March end? Brandon Saad of the Chicago Blackhawks . He had 15 points in 14 March games, and the Calder conversation just added another name. (CSN Chicago)
• Ever wonder what it looks like inside an NHL clubhouse? The Arizona Coyotes take you inside their facility from the stick rack to the stick room, the changing room to the showers. All the while, you're led by Paul Bissonnette and Keith Yandle for some comedy thrown in. (AZCentral.com)
NY Islanders at New Jersey (7 ET)
Winnipeg at NY Rangers (7 ET)
Carolina at Montreal (7:30 ET)
Colorado at Detroit (7:30 ET, NBC Sports Net)
St. Louis at Minnesota (8 ET)
Anaheim at Dallas (8:30 ET)
Nashville at Chicago (8:30 ET)
Calgary at Edmonton (9:30 ET)
Vancouver at San Jose (10:30 ET)
Fans will have a tough choice to make in AHL team's presidential promotion
Lucic signs with Oilers, Okposo goes to Buffalo, Bruins land Backes
The NHL commissioner continued to deny a causal link between concussions and CTE
The 2015-16 season was interesting in a lot of ways. We look back at the Final NHL Power R...
Chicago will make the Harvard standout's shortlist, per his agent
The NHL's partnership with MLBAM has produced another unique opportunity