NHL Daily Fix: Let the realignment talk start up again
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Sunday where realignment talk is picking up again and two GMs can't work a remote.
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• To the video above: Oh, just two NHL general managers losing a battle with a remote control. Damn technology.
• It's time to get the realignment talk started up again; after all, we know Winnipeg can't stay in the Southeast forever. Larry Brooks reports the NHL and union are working on trying to find a solution on how to realign the league. You'll recall last winter the league proposed four conferences; two with seven teams, two with eight teams. (New York Post)
• The Anaheim Ducks are rolling but they have some big decisions to make as the season moves on and the summer approaches. Mainly, what they do with free agents-to-be Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf. Bruce Garrioch looks at the waiting issues. (Ottawa Sun)
• Brian Elliott had a Cinderella story last season with the Blues, earning an All-Star nod after more or less being put on the scrap heap the year before by the Senators. But this season he hasn't been able to match last year's performance and with Jaroslav Halak injured, Ken Hitchcock says he's going to go another way for the next start. Ouch.
• Also on the Blues front, Jamie Langenbrunner will have surgery on his hip and be out for an undetermined amount of time, but it won't be a quick recovery. (St. Louis Blues)
Los Angeles at Detroit (12:30 ET, NBC)
Edmonton at Columbus (6 ET)
Boston at Buffalo (7 ET)
Tampa Bay at N.Y. Rangers (7:30 ET)
New Jersey at Pittsburgh (7:30 ET, NBC Sports Net)
Chicago at Nashville (8 ET)
Our Latest Stories
The Ducks are outshining their Pacific competition, while the Habs and Predators offer lots...
Big losses by the Sharks and Blackhawks have Washington back on top
On day he signs entry-level deal with Canucks, Boeser scores Vancouver's third goal in 4-2...
The Penguins' leader in highlight reels has been extra feisty on some cringe-worthy cheap shots...
2017 SAHP NHL Global Series will pit Ottawa and Colorado against each other in Stockholm
Finland has churned out some winners in a league filled to the brim with diverse players