NHL Daily Fix: Must-see shot: Coach tosses ear piece into fan's beer
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Tuesday: Bruins assistant Geoff Ward threw his earpiece last night and it landed right in a fan's beer. Amazing.
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• This shot is a million to one. Watch closely as Bruins assistant coach Geoff Ward pulls out his ear piece and for some reason decides to chuck it over his shoulder. Then keep your eye on the fan right behind him, who watches said earpiece fall directly into his beer.
• If the video wasn't good enough, well then, by golly, we have a GIF, too. Try replicating that in a game of HORSE.
• The Flyers announced Monday that Danny Briere is going to be out indefinitely after sustaining a concussion in practice. Not great news for a team desperately trying to hang in the playoff race. (Flyers)
"Right now I'm scoring goals and I'm the king of the world," Ovechkin said Monday. "And a couple weeks ago I was almost in the toilet. So maybe you just forget to flush me. It's kind of situation when I don't care right now what happens."
• Tremendous story here of a young teen who considered killing himself because of bullying getting a chance to meet Marc-Andre Fleury and the Penguins, which helped change the boy's life. (CBS Pittsburgh)
• The Kings are headed to the White House Tuesday (look for a story later!) and coach Darryl Sutter isn't just going for pomp and circumstance. He wants to talk some oil and the Keystone Pipeline with President Obama while he's there. (Globe and Mail)
• The NCAA season is done for a lot of players and while some such as Danny DeKeyser are being wooed, others like Jacob Trouba are deciding if he should turn pro now or return to school for another year. (Winnipeg Free Press)
• NHL.com has been on a kick recently with highlight videos from today being turned into NHL 94 highlights for the game's 20th anniversary. Well, NHL, you've been one-upped. (The Pensblog)
Florida at Toronto (7 ET)
Winnipeg at Carolina (7 ET)
Montreal at Pittsburgh (7 ET)
NY Islanders at Washington (7 ET)
NY Rangers at Philadephia (7:30 ET, NBC Sports Net)
Buffalo at Tampa Bay (7:30 ET)
Edmonton at St. Louis (8 ET)
Calgary at Chicago (8:30 ET)
Columbus at Vancouver (10 ET)
Our Latest Stories
The Penguins' leader in highlight reels has been extra feisty on some cringe-worthy cheap shots...
2017 SAHP NHL Global Series will pit Ottawa and Colorado against each other in Stockholm
Finland has churned out some winners in a league filled to the brim with diverse players
From the Caps' goaltender to the star-studded headlining duo of Chicago's offense, these guys...
Scoring his 41st goal of the year in a 3-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres, the Pittsburgh Penguins...
A nightmare comes to life with Gary Bettman downplaying the idea of sending NHL stars to South...