NHL Daily Fix: Must-see shot: Coach tosses ear piece into fan's beer
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Tuesday: Bruins assistant Geoff Ward threw his earpiece last night and it landed right in a fan's beer. Amazing.
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• This shot is a million to one. Watch closely as Bruins assistant coach Geoff Ward pulls out his ear piece and for some reason decides to chuck it over his shoulder. Then keep your eye on the fan right behind him, who watches said earpiece fall directly into his beer.
• If the video wasn't good enough, well then, by golly, we have a GIF, too. Try replicating that in a game of HORSE.
• The Flyers announced Monday that Danny Briere is going to be out indefinitely after sustaining a concussion in practice. Not great news for a team desperately trying to hang in the playoff race. (Flyers)
"Right now I'm scoring goals and I'm the king of the world," Ovechkin said Monday. "And a couple weeks ago I was almost in the toilet. So maybe you just forget to flush me. It's kind of situation when I don't care right now what happens."
• Tremendous story here of a young teen who considered killing himself because of bullying getting a chance to meet Marc-Andre Fleury and the Penguins, which helped change the boy's life. (CBS Pittsburgh)
• The Kings are headed to the White House Tuesday (look for a story later!) and coach Darryl Sutter isn't just going for pomp and circumstance. He wants to talk some oil and the Keystone Pipeline with President Obama while he's there. (Globe and Mail)
• The NCAA season is done for a lot of players and while some such as Danny DeKeyser are being wooed, others like Jacob Trouba are deciding if he should turn pro now or return to school for another year. (Winnipeg Free Press)
• NHL.com has been on a kick recently with highlight videos from today being turned into NHL 94 highlights for the game's 20th anniversary. Well, NHL, you've been one-upped. (The Pensblog)
Florida at Toronto (7 ET)
Winnipeg at Carolina (7 ET)
Montreal at Pittsburgh (7 ET)
NY Islanders at Washington (7 ET)
NY Rangers at Philadephia (7:30 ET, NBC Sports Net)
Buffalo at Tampa Bay (7:30 ET)
Edmonton at St. Louis (8 ET)
Calgary at Chicago (8:30 ET)
Columbus at Vancouver (10 ET)
Some say that bat still hasn't landed
Fans will have a tough choice to make in AHL team's presidential promotion
Lucic signs with Oilers, Okposo goes to Buffalo, Bruins land Backes
The NHL commissioner continued to deny a causal link between concussions and CTE
The 2015-16 season was interesting in a lot of ways. We look back at the Final NHL Power R...
Chicago will make the Harvard standout's shortlist, per his agent