NHL Daily Fix: Wild bench brawl in the AHL, Stars preach patience
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Monday: A massive brawl on the benches in the AHL and Dallas preaches patience.
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
Take note of the player on the end of the Chicago Wolves (white) bench. He's throwing left-handed hay-makers around the divider. Good job, good effort.
• The Dallas Stars have most definitely hit a rough patch, emphasized with an 8-1 loss to the Blackhawks at home on Saturday. Still, coach Glen Gulutzan isn't worried about his job security. (Dallas Morning News)
• Nor does it sound like Gulutzan should be worried. Team owner Tom Gaglardi believes patience, not 'dramatic changes' is the way to go right now. (Dallas Morning News)
• Sharks coach Todd McLellan wasn't happy with what he saw from his team in their 5-2 loss to the Kings over the weekend and he let them know both after the game and then again on Sunday. Maybe this will wake up the slumbering offense. (CSN Bay Area)
• The day of dysfunction continues with a turn to the Rangers, where nothing is going right. Dave Lozo breaks down all that is wrong with the Blue shirts. This story has a lot of words so you can draw the conclusion that there are a lot of problems. (NHL.com)
• Visor talk: The NHL might not mandate visors because it needs the players' consent, but insurance companies might. (Globe & Mail)
• Gabriel Landeskog and Ryan O'Reilly came back to the Avs around the same time (Landeskog from a concussion, O'Reilly from the contract dispute) and since they've been reunited, it has felt so good. Now if the Avs can only win some. (Denver Post)
Carolina at NY Rangers (7 ET)
Philadelphia at Tampa Bay (7:30 ET)
Calgary at Dallas (8:30 ET)
Chicago at Colorado (9 ET)
Minnesota at Vancouver (10 ET)
San Jose at Anaheim (10 ET)
Phoenix at Los Angeles (10:30 ET)
Our Latest Stories
Here's how to catch this year's Battle of Pennsylvania featuring the Flyers and Penguins
As March draws closer, a number of teams have strengthened their case for a run at the Stanley...
Duquesne University students show off hockey in skills while chasing a rat from their hous...
Washington has 18 wins during a 21-game stretch, including 12 straight victories at home
The Penguins stud becomes Mr. 1,000 and is the 12th fastest in NHL history to earn the tit...
The interim coach has ridden versatility and a winning track record to a 3-0 start