VIDEO: Bruins' 'Bear and the Gang' returns to spread holiday cheer
The Bruins' great web series 'Bear and the Gang' is back to bring holiday cheer to all with terrific cameos from Bruins players.
The Boston Bruins unofficial mascot is a gentleman, er gentlebear by the name of The Bear. He was part of their brilliant advertising campaign and has been the star of the occasional web series “Bear and the Gang.” Well Bear and said gang are back and they're all here to spread Christmas cheer.
Set like the cheesy Christmas specials of yore, Bear and the Gang really get into the Christmas spirit.
Among the highlights…
- Bear shares a dance with legendary anthem singer Rene Rancourt, who swapped his shiny gold vest for a holiday-themed one. Rancourt also serves as the host of the show and provides the soundtrack with his rendition of "Deck the Halls."
- Zdeno Chara hiding behind a tree that is only slightly bigger than he is.
- Broadcaster Jack Edwards jumping-up-and-down goal call.
- Head coach Claude Julien looking through a telescope to find snow monkeys and letting out a sigh as if he wished he were out with his furry friends.
- Dougie Hamilton dressed as Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
- Jarome Iginla politely declining the opportunity to sit on Bear’s lap. Iginla later relents and sits on ol’ Bear Claus’ knee.
- Tuukka Rask serving cookies with goalie gloves as oven mitts.
If you weren’t ready for the holidays, you better be now.
The 14-year NHL veteran joins the team with which he played three seasons from 2013-16
Series schedule, results and updates from the title showdown between Nashville and Pittsbu...
Here's how to stay on top of the Pittsburgh Penguins' bid for a repeat against the Nashville...
Ottawa takes it into a fifth period of action but falls on a late goal from Chris Kunitz
Series schedules, results and updates from the Eastern and Western conference finals
Preds captain has three more days to recover from a hit to the head before final begins next...