VIDEO: Coyotes' Mikkel Boedker gives outstanding weather report
Mikkel Boedker of the Phoenix Coyotes stopped by the local news station and did the weather report in spectacular fashion.
Is there any better use of a hockey player's extracurricular time than doing the local weather report? I didn't think so.
During the malaise of the lockout we were treated -- yes, treated -- to the terrific meterological reports from both PK Subban (who was a natural) and Kevin Bieksa (not quite so natural). Never had the weather report been so fun.
We really need to get more players to do this. The comedy can come for so many different reasons but you pretty much know it's always going to come. This time it comes mostly from Boedker seemingly hitting his frustration wall to the point he just starts giving running commentary about the cities around Arizona.
• "The Grand Canyon's going to be cold, so don't go out there. If you go out there go out for five minutes because that's all it takes to see the Grand Canyon."
• Struggling to find and point to Phoenix on the map, including an audible "Jesus ..." until he gets some assistance.
• The moment Boedker sees Yuma he cuts himself off from just reading the temperature and turns it into "3:10 Yuma, good movie, yeah?"
• "In Gilbert, high 82 ... there's not much out in Gilbert." "It's nice though."
• "Surprise ... never been. Peoria ... been a couple of times, that's where we drive through to go to the rink"
• "And Glendale tomorrow, 82. But come and watch us, it will be a bit chilly in the rink. A little lower than 53 but it will be all right."
• Lastly, my favorite part on the extended forecast: "Tuesday we here for a little bit and we take off so 87 is perfect. Rest of the week, I don't really care. We're not here, we go on the road, so rain is fine with me."
H/t to Puck Daddy
Series schedules, results and updates from the second round of the Stanley Cup race
New Jersey claims No. 1 draft pick after having an 8.5 percent chance of earning the top s...
Ottawa takes a 2-0 lead over New York, and Pittsburgh does the same against Washington
St. Louis connected on one of five power plays to tie the series while Anaheim loses again...
Ottawa's defense came up big in Game 1 to beat New York, and the Penguins beat the Capitals...
Subban had three points in Nashville's 4-3 win over St. Louis in Game 1, while Edmonton dropped...