Every team heads into a new season with dreams of winning the Stanley Cup, but only a few have a realistic chance. Yet they all have some question marks.
1. Anaheim Ducks: What does the retirement of Scott Niedermayer mean to this franchise?
2. Calgary Flames: Will Jay Bouwmeester rebound from his disastrous first season in Calgary?
3. Chicago Blackhawks: Are the core players still surrounded by enough to repeat as Cup champs?
4. Colorado Avalanche: Will a sophomore jinx bite the young and still rebuilding Avs hard?
5. Columbus Blue Jackets: Without Ken Hitchcock, can Nikita Filatov live up to his hype?
6. Dallas Stars: What will hurt Dallas more -- its defense or budget restrictions?
7. Detroit Red Wings: Will a longer offseason ultimately be a boon to the aging Wings?
8. Edmonton Oilers: How does all the drama surrounding Edmonton impact the kids?
9. Los Angeles Kings: Are they ready to take the next step?
10. Minnesota Wild: Will Martin Havlat and Niklas Backstrom live up to their contracts?
11. Nashville Predators: Will Nashville re-sign Shea Weber before he is a FA next summer?
12. Phoenix Coyotes: Are they going to remain where they are?
13. St. Louis Blues: Can Davis Payne pick up in his first full season as coach where he left off?
14. San Jose Sharks: Will two Finnish goalies get them deeper in the playoffs than a Russian one?
15. Vancouver Canucks: Were the offseason changes enough to bring Stanley home in Year 40?