Editor's note: After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs, ranked in order by seed.
Playoff picture projections: Week 13
1. x- Houston Texans (South champions)
2. y- New England Patriots (East champions)
3. y- Denver Broncos (West champions)
4. Baltimore Ravens (North champions)
5. Indianapolis Colts (wild card No. 1)
6. Cincinnati Bengals (wild card No. 2)
1. y- Atlanta Falcons (South champions)
2. San Francisco 49ers (West champions)
3. New York Giants (East champions)
4. Green Bay Packers (North champions)
5. Chicago Bears (wild card No. 1)
6. Seattle Seahawks (wild card No. 2)
x = clinched playoff berth
y = clinched division championship
z = clinched first-round bye
* = clinched home field advantage throughout playoffs
Notice that I have the Bengals in the sixth spot, even though the Steelers beat the Ravens to remain ahead of them.
Why? Is there a team playing better than Cincinnati right now? All that young talent is coming together.
They just might win the AFC North.
NFL playoff picture standings • Super Bowl XLVII: Only on CBS