olympics header image
 

Food poisoning hits Australian Olympic badminton players

CBSSports.com wire reports
  •  

LONDON -- The Australian Olympic team says three badminton players got food poisoning at the team's training camp in England.

Ross Smith, Renuga Veeran and Glenn Warfe missed warm-up matches against the British team after being forced to spend Wednesday in bed in the central city of Derby.

Australian team manager Lasse Bundgaard says "the doctor came and put them on medication and confirmed the athletes had suffered from food poisoning."

Bundgaard says he expects the athletes will recover in time to resume training on Thursday.

Two other team members, Leanne Choo and Victoria Na, were not affected.

Copyright 2014 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.
  •  
 
CBSSports Facebook Google Plus
COMMENTS
Conversation powered by Livefyre
 
 
 

Top Headlines

CBSSports.com Shop

Nike Team USA Hockey Winter Olympics KO Pullover Performance Hoodie

Team USA Hockey Gear
Get yours today Shop Now