Neymar thinks Barcelona has pretty much no chance of coming back against PSG

No team has ever come back from four goals down in a Champions League knockout stage tie, so the task facing Barcelona is as tricky as they get.

The Catalan club was rocked by PSG 4-0 on Tuesday in their Round of 16 clash, leaving the team on the brink of a elimination. 

You would hope the team, with unbelievable goal-scoring ability, still had confidence despite how unlikely it is that they come back. Star winger Neymar has faith, but he doesn’t seem to like his team’s chances. 

Neymar said Barcelona has a one percent chance of advancing. So he is 99 percent sure his team is headed home? 

On Instagram, Neymar wrote “While there is a one percent chance, we have 99 percent faith.”

Enquanto houver 1% de chance, teremos 99% fé 🙏🏽🙌🏽

A post shared by Nj 🇧🇷 👻 neymarjr (@neymarjr) on

So, I like this and I don’t. He seems confident by saying how much faith there is, but don’t put the chances at one percent. Maybe it is lost in translation, but it would be better to tell the fans to believe and that the team will give all it has for every second. This isn’t throwing in the towel, but this also isn’t the best way to give fans hope.

For news, stories, results and more, follow us:

- @CBSSportsSoccer - @RGonzalezCBS - Facebook

CBS Sports Writer

Roger Gonzalez is an award-winning writer based in Virginia that has covered pro soccer from Europe's top clubs to Argentina's first division. Roger started out his pro soccer writing career with Goal.com... Full Bio

Show Comments Hide Comments
Our Latest Stories