While not as athletic as the quarterbacks Chip Kelly featured at Oregon, Matt Barkley's intelligence, quick set-up and delivery and accuracy (especially on the move) make him an intriguing fit in high-tempo attack that already boasts plenty of playmakers.
Strong value and schematic fits were the story for most of the NFC East clubs with the Eagles getting high marks for relying on Chip Kelly's first-hand knowledge of the Pac-12 Conference.
Teams swinging for the fences in the first round often come up empty, but a more measured, logical approach often results in better players drafted in later rounds. No one did that better Friday night than last year's Super Bowl opponents. Which other teams fared well in rounds two and three?
Eager to see what your favorite NFL team does on the second day of the 2013 NFL Draft? NFLDraftScout.com senior analyst Rob Rang offers a second round projection (Hint: Geno, Barkley and Te'o won't have to wait too much longer).
The last time the Buccaneers traded a bounty of draft picks to the Jets, Keyshawn Johnson became a key piece of the Super Bowl XXXVII team. Will Greg Schiano and GM Mark Dominik accelerate their 'Young Bucs' rebuild to acquire another potential J-E-T-S castoff?
While the Chiefs stand pat with Luke Joeckel, the Eagles make a big splash in Clark Judge's latest NFL mock draft. Chip Kelly tabs Geno Smith to be the heir to Mike Vick under center.
Could Stanford's Zach Ertz leap back into the conversation to be the top tight end in the draft? He was among several Cardinal prospects to significantly better their combine numbers Thursday.
People tell me I'm crazy to keep Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel as the Chiefs' first pick. I tell them that Kansas City just released Eric Winston, and I know, he's a right tackle. I also know coach Andy Reid learned the hard way that you can never have enough offensive linemen.
Tight end Lucas Reed demonstrated the type of athleticism during his Pro Day workout that is sure to have scouts reviewing his film. More notes on his workout and other Lobos tested Thursday.
Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert may qualify as one of the early 'winners' of the 2013 combine by posting eye-popping times of 4.60 and 4.62 seconds in the 40-yard dash, potentially pushing him to the top of the charts at his position and sealing a first round grade.

Biggest Stories

Latest

CBSSports.com Shop

Mens Kansas City Royals vs. San Francisco Giants Majestic Black 2014 MLB World Series Dueling Sweep Victory Roster T-Shirt

Kansas City Royals vs. San Francisco Giants
Get the Gear
Shop Now