Detroit may have gambled with their first- (Ziggy Ansah) and second-round (Darius Slay) selections, but by addressing a significant concern with a relative sure thing in SEC-standout Larry Warford in the third round, the Lions may regain their roar in 2013.
Retaining CB DeAngelo Hall wasn't a long-term solution to the chronic issue haunting Jim Haslett's defense -- the inability to cover downfield against spread formations. In takeaway-minded Phillip Thomas, GM Bruce Allen might have finally found a suitable replacement for the late Sean Taylor.
The Falcons and Panthers identified their biggest areas of concern and attacked them aggressively. Meanwhile, the Saints and Bucs made some surprising picks.
Teams swinging for the fences in the first round often come up empty, but a more measured, logical approach often results in better players drafted in later rounds. No one did that better Friday night than last year's Super Bowl opponents. Which other teams fared well in rounds two and three?
There will be the usual position-jockeying trades, and Pat Kirwan predicts those. He also calls the rest of Round 1 with Geno Smith and Matt Barkley going 28 and 32.
Think a cornerback is, well, just a cornerback? Depending on your team's philosophy, the draft may only have so much talent available. Pat Kirwan looks at which players could fit which teams.
How much stock should scouts place in a dominating Senior Bowl performance? NFLDraftScout.com analysts Dane Brugler and Rob Rang differ on where Washington cornerback Desmond Trufant's stock stood before and after the 'breakout' effort in Mobile, Ala.
Philadelphia added veteran Connor Barwin to its defense. The Eagles further bolstering the pass rush by using the No. 4 pick on Oregon OLB Dion Jordan.
There are a number of candidates the Patriots could target at No. 29 overall who could boost the play in their secondary. Even better, the depth at cornerback and safety continues into day two.
People tell me I'm crazy to keep Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel as the Chiefs' first pick. I tell them that Kansas City just released Eric Winston, and I know, he's a right tackle. I also know coach Andy Reid learned the hard way that you can never have enough offensive linemen.

Biggest Stories

Latest

CBSSports.com Shop