Michigan sophomore Mitch McGary announced Friday that he will have surgery to repair a lingering back issue. Officially, the school has listed him as "out indefinitely." But the procedure will likely sideline the preseason All-American for the remainder of the season.
The Naismith Award released its early-season watch list on Thursday.
Michigan All-American Mitch McGary is expected to play for the first time this season on Sunday when the seventh-ranked Wolverines visit Iowa State, a source told CBSSports.com.
The college basketball season has tipped. Here are 68 things I'm looking forward to watching. That's one thing for each team that'll participate in March Madness.
There are tons of talented freshmen being discussed heading into the season -- but are we forgetting about the stud returnees from last year?
Vegas released its odds for a variety of college basketball-related items on Thursday, going through national championship, individual awards, and conference champions.
Even the most talented teams have question marks -- Jeff Borzello and Doug Gottlieb go through each of the title contenders and express their concerns.
We are now just days away from the start of college basketball's regular season, and I realize you're probably so distracted by football that you haven't had a chance to comb through everybody's schedules to figure out when and where the best non-conference games will be played. No worries. That's why I'm here.
Marcus Smart was the lone unanimous selection on the Associated Press All-America team.
There are several loaded frontcourts across the landscape, but which is the best? Kentucky and Kansas both make a great argument.

Biggest Stories

Latest

CBSSports.com Shop