The sport of boxing returns to the circus once again on Saturday with a pay-per-view event headlined by an odd matchup between 58-year-old former boxing champion Evander Holyfield and former UFC light heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort. Holyfield is stepping in for Oscar De La Hoya, who was forced off the card after testing positive for COVID-19.
Holyfield vs. Belfort is in a weird position currently, with it still not decided if the fight will be an exhibition or professional contest. The Florida Athletic Commission has approved the fight and given Holyfield the final say on whether or not the fight is an exhibition. The heavyweight legend has until bell time to make his decision and it's unlikely any announcement will be made earlier as the fight officially being an exhibition could sway the decision to purchase the fight for some.
Also on the card are former UFC champions clash Anderson Silva and Tito Ortiz. Silva is a massive favorite between his history as a great striker and beating Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in a boxing contest earlier in the year. Ortiz has never been considered much of a striker and missed weight for the bout with Silva.
Below is the complete fight card with odds from Cesars Sportsbook as well as how you can catch all the action on Saturday night live on PPV.
Holyfield vs. Belfort fight card, odds
- Vitor Belfort vs. Evander Holyfield, heavyweight
- Anderson Silva vs. Tito Ortiz, cruiserweight
- David Haye vs. Joe Fournier, heavyweight
- Andy Vences -110 vs. Jono Carroll -110, super featherweight
Holyfield vs. Belfort info
- Date: Sept. 11 | Start time: 7 p.m. ET
- Location: Seminole Hard Rock -- Hollywood, Florida
- TV: Traditional cable and satellite providers | Live stream: Fite.tv
- Price: $49.99