College Basketball Podcast: Who will be the last undefeated team -- Virginia, Michigan or Houston?
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander also discuss weekend losses from Kansas and Kentucky
Matt Norlander's Chicago Bears lost a playoff game to the Philadelphia Eagles in the worst possible way -- via a doinked field goal attempt in the final seconds. Just brutal. So, naturally, I opened this episode of the CBS Sports Eye On College Basketball Podcast by letting Norlander publicly mourn.
After that, the conversation went like this:
- 11:33: Nevada's quest to finish the regular season undefeated NCAA Tournament now? . Yes, the 14-point favorites lost by 27. It was a wild beatdown that left Virginia, Michigan and Houston as the last three undefeated teams. Is it even possible for the Wolf Pack to get a No. 1 seed in the
- 17:04: Who will be the nation's last undefeated team -- Virginia, Michigan or Houston?
- 21:31: Kansas had to play without Udoka Azubuike on Saturday. Unsurprisingly, the Jayhawks lost at Iowa State and are now just 3-2 without their starting center -- who will miss the rest of the season because of a torn ligament in his right hand. How big of a deal is this for KU?
- 28:23: Kentucky lost for the third time Saturday --
- 34:43: On last Friday's podcast we identified Florida State as the least-discussed top-10 team. On second thought, I think it's Virginia Tech -- which is now 13-1 but mostly off of the national radar. What do Buzz Williams' Hokies have to do to create some buzz around a team that has the nation's fourth-best offensive-efficiency rating?
- 39:13: North Carolina at North Carolina State is Tuesday night. Who wins it -- Roy Williams' Tar Heels are Kevin Keatts' surprisingly good Wolfpack?
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below. Give it a listen. And if you're not already subscribed, please subscribe to the podcast via iTunes. If you are already subscribed, thank you. It's made a difference. And #ShoutsToDevanDowney.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Calipari's new contract would allow him to become a UK administrator when he decides to step...
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander also discuss the top prospects in the 2019 NBA Draft
The Jayhawks signed four-star forward Jalen Wilson, a top-50 recruit who originally committed...
An NCAA official tells CBS Sports two high-profile programs will receive a notice of allegations...
Sharpshooter Isaiah Moss, who was a three-year starter for the Hawkeyes, committed to the...
Former Oklahoma State and South Carolina assistant Lamont Evans was sentenced Friday to three...