College Basketball Podcast: Zion Williamson's block at Virginia provided another highlight for the Duke phenom
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander also discuss Anthony Edwards' commitment to Georgia
Duke beat Virginia on Saturday to complete a regular-season sweep of the Cavaliers. Zion dunked. . Zion finished with 18 points, five rebounds, five assists, three steals and three blocks. And because , we decided to open this episode of the Eye On College Basketball Podcast on the Blue Devils' latest impressive victory.
After that, the conversation went like this:
- 15:30: Predictions for Monday night's game between Virginia and North Carolina.
- 20:00: Gonzaga, Tennessee Virginia. That's the same as -- just in a different order. Thirteen of the committee's top-16 seeds were listed in my top 16 on Saturday morning. All 16 were in my top 21. So I didn't have any major complaints. But Norlander and I do agree that one team seemed a little too high.
- 27:00: I was at Nevada's 91-62 win over New Mexico on Saturday. Fun trip. Incredible atmosphere. The selection committee currently has Nevada as a No. 4 seed. I explained why that's bad news for any potential No. 1 seed.
- 34:00: We previewed Tuesday's schedule -- specifically No. 19 LSU at No. 5 Kentucky, No. 12 Purdue at No. 24 Maryland and No. 11 Michigan State at No. 20 Wisconsin.
- 47:30: Five-star prospect Memphis -- have now committed to schools with first-year coaches. So that's kinda interesting and unusual. early Monday. So the top two prospects in the Class of 2019 -- the other is James Wiseman, who has committed to
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below. Give it a listen. If you're not already subscribed, please subscribe via iTunes. And if you've already done that, thank you. #ShoutsToDevanDowney.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Crimson stun Bulldogs in clash of Ivy League rivals
There's a new No. 1 seed for the first time in almost three weeks
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated UCF vs SMU 10,000 times.
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated Villanova vs. Xavier 10,000 times.
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated Michigan vs. Michigan State 10,000 times.
Eight players took a knee before Ole Miss' game vs. Georgia to protest a pro-Confederate rally...