Northeastern @ Drexel
Current Records: Northeastern 7-17; Drexel 11-11
What to Know
A Colonial battle is on tap between the Northeastern Huskies and the Drexel Dragons at 2 p.m. ET Saturday at John A Daskalakis Center. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
The contest between Northeastern and the Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens on Thursday was not particularly close, with the Huskies falling 74-61. A silver lining for Northeastern was the play of guard Glen McClintock, who had 15 points.
Meanwhile, Drexel came up short against the Hofstra Pride on Thursday, falling 83-73. Forward Amari Williams put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 19 points.
Northeastern is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the team is 3-8-1 ATS when expected to lose.
The losses put Northeastern at 7-17 and the Dragons at 11-11. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Huskies are 10th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.3 on average. Drexel has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the 35th fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 11.1 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: John A Daskalakis Center -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Dragons are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Huskies, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Dragons as a 7-point favorite.
Northeastern have won nine out of their last 12 games against Drexel.
- Jan 15, 2022 - Drexel 76 vs. Northeastern 68
- Mar 08, 2021 - Drexel 74 vs. Northeastern 67
- Feb 22, 2020 - Northeastern 77 vs. Drexel 68
- Jan 23, 2020 - Northeastern 85 vs. Drexel 52
- Mar 02, 2019 - Northeastern 90 vs. Drexel 66
- Dec 28, 2018 - Northeastern 93 vs. Drexel 83
- Feb 15, 2018 - Northeastern 75 vs. Drexel 69
- Jan 27, 2018 - Drexel 68 vs. Northeastern 67
- Jan 12, 2017 - Northeastern 92 vs. Drexel 75
- Jan 02, 2017 - Northeastern 75 vs. Drexel 70
- Feb 27, 2016 - Northeastern 61 vs. Drexel 59
- Feb 13, 2016 - Northeastern 70 vs. Drexel 60
Injury Report for DrexelNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Northeastern
- Tyreek Scott-Grayson: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
- Vito Cubrilo: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
- Joe Pridgen: Out (Not Injury Related)