Eye on College Basketball Podcast: A big look at the weekend
Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello discuss the Big Ten, Big 12, gambling on sports, Doug McDermott, Iowa, Duke, North Carolina and why they do actually root for certain things.
I sat down Monday morning with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- Why is Borzello so good at picking college basketball games against the spread?
- Is Iowa going to win the Big Ten?
- Could the casual college basketball fan name two Iowa players?
- Does Norlander regret picking Duke to win the national title?
- Why did he ignore Duke's defensive efficiency numbers when he picked Duke?
- Does North Carolina have another positive turn left in its season?
- Is Roy Williams as drained as he's ever been?
- How much is Colorado going to presumably miss Spencer Dinwiddie?
- Where are you supposed to get road wins in the Big 12 outside of TCU and Texas Tech?
- Should Doug McDermott be the Player of the Week every week?
Beyond that, we got into a conversation about why we do actually root for certain programs and coaches, and we explained why. I think it makes sense. Let me know if you agree.
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
Happ is a force for the Badgers because of drills at home -- and a big growth spurt
Josh Nagel has his finger on the pulse of Big Blue and just locked in a strong pick for Tu...
The 10th-ranked Jayhawks end a four-game Morgantown losing streak with a big second half
Gary Parrish, after being questioned, explains why he writes the Poll Attacks each Monday
The Blue Devils looked like a team in need of a reboot against Miami, then they morphed into...
Providence's Ed Cooley suggests to the refs that vampires, not contact, made his player bl...