Eye on College Basketball Podcast: A big look at the weekend
Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello discuss the Big Ten, Big 12, gambling on sports, Doug McDermott, Iowa, Duke, North Carolina and why they do actually root for certain things.
I sat down Monday morning with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- Why is Borzello so good at picking college basketball games against the spread?
- Is Iowa going to win the Big Ten?
- Could the casual college basketball fan name two Iowa players?
- Does Norlander regret picking Duke to win the national title?
- Why did he ignore Duke's defensive efficiency numbers when he picked Duke?
- Does North Carolina have another positive turn left in its season?
- Is Roy Williams as drained as he's ever been?
- How much is Colorado going to presumably miss Spencer Dinwiddie?
- Where are you supposed to get road wins in the Big 12 outside of TCU and Texas Tech?
- Should Doug McDermott be the Player of the Week every week?
Beyond that, we got into a conversation about why we do actually root for certain programs and coaches, and we explained why. I think it makes sense. Let me know if you agree.
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
Was there contact? 'Everybody saw it,' UK coach John Calipari said
After losing its second game this week, a deep NCAA Tournament run looks far-fetched for U...
Coach K shows he is on on top of his game by landing the best three prospects in the Class...
The Buckeyes and Boilermakers continue to assert their dominance in the Big Ten
The 5-star phenom was thought to be headed to Clemson, but was swayed to the Blue Devils
The nation's No. 3 player will commit Saturday and here's his impact on each of his finali...