Eye on College Basketball Podcast: ACC weirdness and more
Gary Parrish talks with Jason Horowitz, host of Inside College Basketball on Sirius/XM, and talk Syracuse-Pitt, look ahead to Oklahoma State-Kansas and also note how odd it is that Richard Pitino has a better resume than his dad right now.
I sat down Friday with the host of Inside College Basketball on Sirius/XM, Jason Horowitz. There's obviously a lot to talk about heading into a very big weekend for the sport.
Among the topics we discussed:
- Is it weird for a Syracuse grad like Jason to see Syracuse playing Pitt for first in the ACC?
- Is Tyler Ennis the most valuable freshman in the country?
- What, exactly, is making Pitt so successful?
- Who has the more talented college basketball roster: Kansas or Oklahoma State?
- How wild is it that Richard Pitino has better wins right now than his father, Rick?
- Should we be surprised that Louisville has struggled relative to expectations?
Beyond that, Horowitz hosts his radio show three times per week with Bruce Pearl, meaning no one spends more time with the former Tennessee coach. Does Horowitz expect Pearl to be coaching next season. I asked him that, and we get into the possibilities.
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
Duke's much-anticipated Allen-Duval connection is off to a hot start already
It'll be Miller vs. Miller if the Hoosiers and Wildcats can finalize the proposed series
Wisconsin's Ethan Happ has made only two jumpers in his career, but is adding a long-range...
The deal is part of long-awaited $2.64 billion contract; CBS' hoops-only commitment runs through...
If Wichita State guard Landry Shamet has a breakout season, he could leave early for the N...
Athletic big man finished 3-day trip to Durham, N.C., with trips to USC, Arizona coming up