Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Best first weekend in how long?
We discuss everything related to the NCAA Tournament -- plus the three big off-the-court headlines as well.
We have a loaded podcast for you. After week-long break, of course we have to dive into every aspect of the bracket, talking 68 teams down to 16. Virtually every major headline/game from the past four days is covered in today's podcast. But Matt Norlander, Jeff Borzello and I also touch on the big headlines that happened outside of the NCAA Tournament over the past five days. Yeah, a lot of that too. If you spent any time glued to your TV in the past week watching hoops, this podcast is as must-listen as it gets.
Among the topics:
- How good/memorable this first weekend was.
- That Wichita State-Kentucky classic.
- Kansas losing to Stanford is a pretty huge deal; how much do these early exists affect Bill Self's legacy?
- All the good games. Seriously, there were 48 played, and we make mention of at least half of them.
- What about the stars that are no longer involved? Not having Doug McDermott, Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, Marcus Smart and Aaron Craft could hurt the second weekend for some casual viewers.
- Baylor has done it again. Three Sweet 16s in five years.
- The SEC is 7-0 but was still a terrible major conference.
- The games we're most excited about in the Sweet 16.
- Major off-the-court headlines. Buzz Williams leaves Marquette. Who will take his job? What does Wake Forest do? And Noah Vonleh leaves Indiana for the NBA.
And a lot more. Nearly 67 minutes of discussion.
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
The selection committee will again reveal what it is thinking ahead of Selection Sunday
Teams not in major conferences with a shot at an at-large NCAA Tournament bids
The nation's No. 3 player will commit Saturday and here's his impact on each of his finali...
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander also preview the weekend and Zion Williamson's announcemen...
The Sun Devils started 12-0, but since then are 2-4 after Wednesday's loss to Stanford
Andrew Jones is Texas' second leading scorer