Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Doug Gottlieb talks Cuse, Wichita
Gary Parrish and CBS Sports' Doug Gottlieb discuss the end of the Syracuse-Pitt game, what makes Tyler Ennis an elite point guard, Marcus Smart, the Big 12, San Diego State, Creighton, Wichita State and more.
I sat down Thursday morning with CBS Sports' Doug Gottlieb to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- Why did Jamie Dixon call that timeout at the end of the Pitt-Syracuse game?
- Why was Syracuse point guard Tyler Ennis undervalued coming out of high school?
- Is Ennis now going to be a one-and-done guy?
- What happened with Marcus Smart on Saturday night?
- Does Oklahoma State coach Travis Ford bear some responsibility?
- Is the Big 12 good or just a bunch of teams (outside of KU) beating each other?
- Is San Diego State as good as San Diego State's resume suggest?
Beyond all that, Doug is in Indianapolis because he's calling tonight's Creighton-Butler game. So we talked a little about Creighton star Doug McDermott at the end. We also discussed why Butler's transition to the Big East has been difficult.
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
Zack Cimini has his finger on the pulse of the Bearcats and just locked in a play for Thur...
Meanwhile, Virginia Tech is already rising after entering the Top 25 (and one) yesterday
The game will be finished on Thursday at noon at Providence's on-campus basketball gym
The five-star forward put on a dunking and blocking clinic in high school's state quarterfinal...
Pitino dug in and maintained he ran a 'clean program' after the NCAA stripped UL of its 2013...
Bagley is still recovering from a knee injury he suffered during the Blue Devils' loss to...