Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Next year's best after draft deadline
Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello discuss the NBA Draft deadline, the No. 1 ranking Kentucky will take into the preseason, potential First Team All-Americans, Missouri's hiring of a 59-year-old rookie coach at the Division I level, and much, much more ... including the weather.
I sat down Tuesday with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back and look ahead and discuss the developments in college basketball since the season ended. Among the topics:
- So we all agree that Kentucky should be the preseason No. 1, right?
- How will John Calipari manage all of these frontcourt minutes?
- How surprised were we by the Harrisons decision to return to school?
- Which school was hurt most by early defections?
- Will Cliff Alexander be a better college player than Jahlil Okafor?
- Was Missouri smart to hire Kim Anderson?
- Is it surprising that Ben Howland didn't get back in?
Beyond all that, we took a shot at predicting preseason All-Americans, and it wasn't easy. Honestly, there's probably not one consensus guy like Marcus Smart, Doug McDermott and Russ Smith were this time last year. That's interesting. Also: We spent some time talking about tornadoes because, well, that's just the way these podcasts go sometimes. Anyway ...
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
Was there contact? 'Everybody saw it,' UK coach John Calipari said
After losing its second game this week, a deep NCAA Tournament run looks far-fetched for U...
Coach K shows he is on on top of his game by landing the best three prospects in the Class...
The Buckeyes and Boilermakers continue to assert their dominance in the Big Ten
The 5-star phenom was thought to be headed to Clemson, but was swayed to the Blue Devils
The nation's No. 3 player will commit Saturday and here's his impact on each of his finali...