Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Thanks to Arizona
Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello discuss Arizona, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Texas, the Big Ten and SEC in general, etc. while also getting into the Grammys, Spanish classes in college and weird nights with Trent Reznor and Marilyn Manson.
I sat down Monday morning with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- How appreciative are we of Arizona for not losing during the Grammys?
- Who will be the last undefeated team standing?
- Is it time to start paying attention to Cincinnati, SMU and the AAC in general?
- Should SMU be worried about Keith Frazier's academic past?
- How cool is it that Rick Barnes is doing more with less at Texas?
- But should the Texas coach ever be doing more with less?
- Will Michigan win the Big Ten without Mitch McGary?
- How badly will the committee punish Pitt for its non-league schedule?
- Should the committee credit Wichita State for at least trying to schedule aggressively?
- How many schools will the SEC place in the NCAA tournament?
- How about Rick Ray cursing Marshall Henderson?
Beyond all that, we started the podcast talking about Sunday night's Grammys. And, at some point in the middle of the podcast, I told a story about how I passed Spanish classes in college. Fun times. (You'll have to wait until the end for this, though.)
I ever tell you about the time I kicked it with Trent Reznor when I was like 17 years old? pic.twitter.com/K9trvxMsJK— Gary Parrish (@GaryParrishCBS) January 27, 2014
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
Nov. 10 will be here before you know it so here's what you need to know
The league would be wise to treat that series like the ACC treats Duke-North Carolina
Pacific is penalized after the NCAA found academic rules were broken
Arizona, for no good reason, doesn't have to play at USC or UCLA this season
We look at the 'Major 7' leagues and give you the best of what's to come in conference play...
Louisville's coach predicts a change is coming to the NBA's one-and-done rule by 2019