Eye on College Basketball Podcast: UK's problems, Arizona's rewards
Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello discuss Kentucky-North Carolina, why Syracuse's Tyler Ennis and Kansas' Joel Embiid were underrated recruits, the emergence of UCLA's Zach LaVine and get into some TV shows.
I sat down early Monday with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- What are we to make of Kentucky's loss at North Carolina?
- Should the Wildcats still be ranked in the Top 25?
- Why is <span data-shortcode= State" data-canon="Ohio Bobcats" data-type="SPORTS_OBJECT_TEAM" id="shortcode0"> ranked with a weak schedule while Pitt isn't?
- How impressive are Arizona's two big road wins to date?
- Why weren't Tyler Ennis and Joel Embiid consensus top 10 recruits?
- And what about UCLA's Zach LaVine?
- How valuable is consistent and reliable point guard play early in the season?
- Will Florida or Memphis win Tuesday's Jimmy V Classic?
Beyond all that, at about the 45-minute mark, we began talking exclusively about television. We started on the season finale of "Homeland", then drifted into a conversation about forbidden relationships like the one between Nicholas Brody and Carrie Mathison that drifted into a conversation about other forbidden relationships on TV that audiences actually rooted for -- like Jim Halpert and Pam Beesly from "The Office," and Olivia Pope and Fitzgerald Grant from "Scandal." Then we talked about "Scandal," and why so many women love this show. And why more men should, too. It was fun, I think.
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
The Mountaineers' coach surprised Self with a pullover -- and Self actually wore it during...
After beating West Virginia, the Jayhawks are on a four-game winning streak and jumped to No....
Oklahoma's basketball phenom has won the national Freshman of the Week award again
Happ is a force for the Badgers because of drills at home -- and a big growth spurt
Josh Nagel has his finger on the pulse of Big Blue and just locked in a strong pick for Tu...
The 10th-ranked Jayhawks end a four-game Morgantown losing streak with a big second half