Eye on College Basketball Podcast: UNC's big win, Izzo's big problem
Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello talk about North Carolina's win over Louisville, Michigan's struggles and bad beat jackpots in poker rooms and more on the latest Eye on College Basketball Podcast.
UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- I sat down early Monday with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- How did North Carolina go from losing to Belmont to beating Louisville?
- What, if anything, does that say about Louisville?
- Is Michigan missing Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway more than we expected?
- What's up with VCU and its 4-2 record?
- Does Tom Izzo have a point about the new rules on fouling?
- Is UMass' Derek Kellogg on his way to a breakthrough season?
- Should we be concerned about Duke struggling with Vermont?
Beyond all that, I again made Norlander rank various college basketball coaches, which is always fun. And I have a couple of stories from my weekend at the Mohegan Sun that just randomly appear in the middle of the podcast! (Because, honestly, why wouldn't I?)
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
Was there contact? 'Everybody saw it,' UK coach John Calipari said
After losing its second game this week, a deep NCAA Tournament run looks far-fetched for U...
Coach K shows he is on on top of his game by landing the best three prospects in the Class...
The Buckeyes and Boilermakers continue to assert their dominance in the Big Ten
The 5-star phenom was thought to be headed to Clemson, but was swayed to the Blue Devils
The nation's No. 3 player will commit Saturday and here's his impact on each of his finali...