Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Wally Szczerbiak on No. 1s
Gary Parrish and CBS Sports Network analyst Wally Szczerbiak discuss Doug McDermott, Wichita State, Florida, Kentucky and Szczerbiak's old NBA teammate Fred Hoiberg.
I sat down Thursday with former college All-American and NBA All-Star Wally Szczerbiak, now of the CBS Sports Network, to discuss issues in the sport. Among them:
- Why are people skeptical of what kind of NBA player Doug McDermott will become?
- Is Wally skeptical?
- (Did you realize Doug's stats this year are similar to Wally's senior-year stats?)
- How important is it for McDermott to find the right coach and system in the NBA?
- Can Creighton make the Final Four?
- Should Wichita State use all of its critics as motivation?
- Who is Wally picking to win the national championship?
- What's wrong with Kentucky?
- Is it time to address how college coaches treat referees?
- How good is New Mexico-San Diego State going to be late Saturday?
- Is Wally surprised that Larry Brown has made SMU relevant?
- (Wally played for Larry Brown in USA Basketball, once upon a time.)
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
Calipari threw major shade at Duke and the coaching staff's recruiting pitch
Brown is the No. 2 center in the Class of 2018 and a big get for the Bruins
The Sooners are on a two-game losing streak but still rising on one AP ballot
Vegas legend Kenny White has nailed 3 straight UNC picks and just made a play for Monday's...
Josh Nagel has almost two decades of handicapping experience and locked in a play for Monday's...
The Wildcats stumbled to an 0-2 record this week and fell out of the top 25