Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Why Wichita should be a 1 seed
Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello talk about the AAC, Kentucky, Nebraska, Arizona, all of the Final Four contenders, the SEC in general and an interesting scheduling approach that would be awesome if only Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall would try it.
I sat down Monday with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- How was Borzello's trip to see Kentucky, Cincinnati and Louisville?
- Should Rutgers really be this bad given its talent at the top of the roster?
- Will the American really get five schools in the NCAA tournament?
- How about Creighton's second blowout of Villanova?
- What does it say about Creighton?
- What does it say about Villanova?
- What is up with Nebraska? (Lots of Nebraska talk, actually.)
- Who should be the Big 12 Coach of the Year?
- How is Kentucky going to get a great seed with just two top-50 RPI wins?
- Arizona is 2-2 since Brandon Ashley's injury. Is that a sign of things to come?
- The No. 1 seeds should be Syracuse, Florida, Wichita State and ...?
Beyond all that, we got into a lengthy conversation about Wichita State, and I think I came up with what should be Gregg Marshall's scheduling philosophy for next season. If he does what I suggest, he'd get the Shockers so much positive press it would be unbelievable.
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
Zack Cimini has been on a roll in college basketball and locked in a play for Texas-West V...
Zack Cimini is on a college basketball heater and just locked in a strong pick for Saturda...
Our advanced computer model simulated Saturday's Arizona-Stanford game 10,000 times
'If you want it, you're world champs,' A-Rod told the Spartans, which isn't exactly correc...
The players have the right to appeal the decision within three business days
Young is coming off his worst game as a Sooner and will try and bounce back vs. the Cowboy...