Washington State @ Brigham Young
Regular Season Records: Washington State 21-14; Brigham Young 24-10
What to Know
The Washington State Cougars and the Brigham Young Cougars are set to clash at 9 p.m. ET March 23 at Marriott Center in the third round of the NIT.
Washington State earned some more postseason success in their game on Sunday. They enjoyed a cozy 75-63 win over the SMU Mustangs. Guard Michael Flowers and forward Efe Abogidi were among the main playmakers for Washington State as the former had 22 points and the latter had 12 points along with eight boards and three blocks. Abogidi has also now had at least three blocks in his past three games.
Meanwhile, BYU didn't have too much trouble with the Northern Iowa Panthers at home on Saturday as they won 90-71. Brigham Young's forward Gideon George was one of the most active players for the squad, shooting 5-for-9 from downtown and finishing with 27 points and six rebounds.
Washington State is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Arizona State Sun Devils Feb. 12 easily too and instead slipped up with a 58-55. In other words, don't count BYU out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Marriott Center -- Provo, Utah
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Cougars are a slight 2-point favorite against the Cougars, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cougars as a 3-point favorite.
This is the first time these teams have played each other within the last seven years.
Injury Report for Brigham Young
- Richard Harward: Out for the Season (Illness)
- Seneca Knight: Out for the Season (Thumb)
- Gavin Baxter: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Washington State
- Tony Miller: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)
- Carlos Rosario: Game-Time Decision (Arm)
- Jefferson Koulibaly: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Myles Rice: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)