Oregon State @ California
Current Records: Oregon State 1-6; California 3-4
What to Know
The California Golden Bears have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Oregon State Beavers and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 1 of last year. California and Oregon State will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday at Haas Pavilion. The Golden Bears are out to keep their three-game home win streak alive.
California was able to grind out a solid victory over the Fresno State Bulldogs on Sunday, winning 65-57. Guard Jordan Shepherd (17 points) was the top scorer for California.
Meanwhile, the contest between Oregon State and the Penn State Nittany Lions on Saturday was not a total blowout, but with the Beavers falling 60-45, it was darn close to turning into one.
Barring any buzzer beaters, California is expected to win a tight contest. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (3-1), so they might be worth a quick bet.
California's win lifted them to 3-4 while Oregon State's defeat dropped them down to 1-6. We'll see if the Golden Bears can repeat their recent success or if Oregon State bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Haas Pavilion -- Berkeley, California
- TV: Pac-12 Networks
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Golden Bears are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Beavers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
California have won seven out of their last 13 games against Oregon State.
- Feb 25, 2021 - Oregon State 59 vs. California 57
- Jan 02, 2021 - Oregon State 73 vs. California 64
- Nov 25, 2020 - Oregon State 71 vs. California 63
- Mar 07, 2020 - Oregon State 74 vs. California 56
- Feb 01, 2020 - California 69 vs. Oregon State 67
- Feb 09, 2019 - Oregon State 79 vs. California 71
- Feb 03, 2018 - California 74 vs. Oregon State 70
- Mar 08, 2017 - California 67 vs. Oregon State 62
- Feb 24, 2017 - California 76 vs. Oregon State 46
- Jan 21, 2017 - California 69 vs. Oregon State 58
- Mar 10, 2016 - California 76 vs. Oregon State 68
- Feb 13, 2016 - California 83 vs. Oregon State 71
- Jan 09, 2016 - Oregon State 77 vs. California 71
Injury Report for California
- D.J. Thorpe: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Marsalis Roberson: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Monty Bowser: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Oregon State
- Chol Marial: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Rodrigue Andela: Out (Foot)