TCU @ Iowa State
Current Records: TCU 12-3; Iowa State 14-4
What to Know
The TCU Horned Frogs won both of their matches against the #15 Iowa State Cyclones last season (79-76 and 76-72) and are aiming for the same result Saturday. TCU and the Cyclones will face off in a Big 12 battle at 4 p.m. ET at James H. Hilton Coliseum. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this game.
TCU was just a bucket shy of a victory on Wednesday and fell 57-56 to the Oklahoma State Cowboys. TCU's loss came about despite a quality game from forward Chuck O'Bannon Jr., who had 13 points in addition to seven boards.
Meanwhile, Iowa State ended up a good deal behind the Texas Tech Red Raiders when they played on Tuesday, losing 72-60. Guard Gabe Kalscheur had a rough night: he played for 32 minutes but put up just seven points on 3-for-11 shooting.
TCU is expected to lose this next one by 6. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The losses put TCU at 12-3 and the Cyclones at 14-4. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Horned Frogs rank 27th in college basketball when it comes to points allowed per game, with only 61.8 on average. But Iowa State is even better: they come into the contest boasting the 16th fewest points allowed per game in college basketball at 60. We'll see if that edge gives Iowa State a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: James H. Hilton Coliseum -- Ames, Iowa
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $33.00
The Cyclones are a solid 6-point favorite against the Horned Frogs, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cyclones as a 6.5-point favorite.
TCU have won eight out of their last 13 games against Iowa State.
- Feb 27, 2021 - TCU 76 vs. Iowa State 72
- Feb 09, 2021 - TCU 79 vs. Iowa State 76
- Feb 25, 2020 - Iowa State 65 vs. TCU 59
- Jan 04, 2020 - TCU 81 vs. Iowa State 79
- Feb 23, 2019 - TCU 75 vs. Iowa State 72
- Feb 09, 2019 - TCU 92 vs. Iowa State 83
- Feb 21, 2018 - TCU 89 vs. Iowa State 83
- Jan 17, 2018 - TCU 96 vs. Iowa State 73
- Mar 10, 2017 - Iowa State 84 vs. TCU 63
- Feb 18, 2017 - Iowa State 84 vs. TCU 71
- Jan 14, 2017 - TCU 84 vs. Iowa State 77
- Feb 20, 2016 - Iowa State 92 vs. TCU 83
- Jan 23, 2016 - Iowa State 73 vs. TCU 60
Injury Report for Iowa State
- Tre King: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for TCU
- Maxwell Evans: Out (Undisclosed)
- Shahada Wells: Out (Knee)