Northern Illinois @ Miami (Ohio)
Current Records: Northern Illinois 5-9; Miami (Ohio) 8-8
What to Know
The Northern Illinois Huskies have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. NIU and the Miami (Ohio) RedHawks will face off in a Mid-American battle at 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday at John D. Millett Hall. The Huskies have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with Miami (Ohio) and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 1 of 2020.
NIU came up short against the Bowling Green Falcons on Tuesday, falling 92-83.
Meanwhile, Miami (Ohio) found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 86-63 punch to the gut against the Ohio Bobcats on Tuesday.
NIU is the clear underdog, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with NIU, who are 7-6 against the spread.
With both teams hitting sour notes in their previous games, they will no doubt be looking to produce a better outcome in this one. We'll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: John D. Millett Hall -- Oxford, Ohio
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The RedHawks are a big 14-point favorite against the Huskies, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the RedHawks, as the game opened with the RedHawks as a 12.5-point favorite.
Miami (Ohio) have won six out of their last nine games against Northern Illinois.
- Feb 20, 2021 - Miami (Ohio) 69 vs. Northern Illinois 64
- Jan 09, 2021 - Miami (Ohio) 70 vs. Northern Illinois 58
- Feb 15, 2020 - Miami (Ohio) 65 vs. Northern Illinois 60
- Feb 01, 2020 - Northern Illinois 70 vs. Miami (Ohio) 55
- Jan 08, 2019 - Northern Illinois 83 vs. Miami (Ohio) 70
- Feb 03, 2018 - Miami (Ohio) 81 vs. Northern Illinois 65
- Jan 17, 2017 - Northern Illinois 62 vs. Miami (Ohio) 58
- Jan 03, 2017 - Miami (Ohio) 69 vs. Northern Illinois 67
- Jan 30, 2016 - Miami (Ohio) 72 vs. Northern Illinois 59