Santa Clara @ Loyola Marymount
Current Records: Santa Clara 17-9; Loyola Marymount 9-14
What to Know
The Santa Clara Broncos have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. Santa Clara and the Loyola Marymount Lions will face off in a West Coast battle at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday at Albert Gersten Pavilion. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
The Broncos received a tough blow on Saturday as they fell 74-58 to the San Francisco Dons. The top scorers for Santa Clara were guard Jalen Williams (16 points) and forward Josip Vrankic (14 points).
Meanwhile, Loyola Marymount came up short against the Portland Pilots on Saturday, falling 86-76. A silver lining for Loyola Marymount was the play of guard Eli Scott, who had 23 points.
Santa Clara is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6-point margin of victory. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it's been tough sledding overall. They are 4-2-1 ATS in away games but only 14-9-2 all in all.
The Broncos are now 17-9 while the Lions sit at 9-14. Two stats to keep an eye on: Santa Clara comes into the game boasting the 14th highest field goal percentage in college basketball at 48.50%. Less enviably, Loyola Marymount has allowed their opponents to shoot 47.10% from the floor on average, which is the fifth highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked against Loyola Marymount.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Albert Gersten Pavilion -- Los Angeles, California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.15
The Broncos are a solid 6-point favorite against the Lions, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Broncos as a 5-point favorite.
Loyola Marymount have won seven out of their last 12 games against Santa Clara.
- Feb 03, 2022 - Santa Clara 79 vs. Loyola Marymount 60
- Feb 16, 2021 - Loyola Marymount 76 vs. Santa Clara 73
- Jan 23, 2021 - Santa Clara 72 vs. Loyola Marymount 69
- Feb 15, 2020 - Loyola Marymount 65 vs. Santa Clara 59
- Feb 28, 2019 - Loyola Marymount 72 vs. Santa Clara 70
- Jan 26, 2019 - Loyola Marymount 69 vs. Santa Clara 61
- Feb 22, 2018 - Loyola Marymount 65 vs. Santa Clara 64
- Jan 04, 2018 - Santa Clara 65 vs. Loyola Marymount 49
- Jan 21, 2017 - Santa Clara 64 vs. Loyola Marymount 63
- Jan 07, 2017 - Loyola Marymount 66 vs. Santa Clara 56
- Feb 18, 2016 - Santa Clara 76 vs. Loyola Marymount 72
- Jan 16, 2016 - Loyola Marymount 76 vs. Santa Clara 66
Injury Report for Loyola Marymount
- Dameane Douglas: Out for the Season (Ankle)