Detroit @ Oakland
Current Records: Detroit 10-12; Oakland 17-8
What to Know
The Oakland Golden Grizzlies will be returning home after a four-game road trip. The Golden Grizzlies and the Detroit Titans will face off in a Horizon League battle at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at Athletics Center Orena. The teams split their matchups last year, with Oakland winning the first 86-81 at home on the road and Detroit taking the second 82-72.
It was a close one, but this past Friday Oakland sidestepped the Robert Morris Colonials for a 71-68 win.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Detroit and the Youngstown State Penguins this past Friday was not a total blowout, but with Detroit falling 82-69 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one.
Oakland is the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the squad has let down bettors in their past five games.
Oakland's victory lifted them to 17-8 while Detroit's loss dropped them down to 10-12. We'll see if the Golden Grizzlies can repeat their recent success or if the Titans bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Athletics Center Orena -- Oakland, Michigan
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Golden Grizzlies are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Titans, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Golden Grizzlies as an 8-point favorite.
Oakland have won 12 out of their last 14 games against Detroit.
- Jan 23, 2021 - Detroit 82 vs. Oakland 72
- Jan 22, 2021 - Oakland 86 vs. Detroit 81
- Dec 27, 2020 - Oakland 83 vs. Detroit 80
- Dec 26, 2020 - Oakland 77 vs. Detroit 75
- Jan 31, 2020 - Oakland 77 vs. Detroit 64
- Dec 28, 2019 - Oakland 78 vs. Detroit 69
- Feb 23, 2019 - Oakland 95 vs. Detroit 75
- Jan 19, 2019 - Oakland 79 vs. Detroit 73
- Feb 09, 2018 - Oakland 87 vs. Detroit 78
- Jan 20, 2018 - Oakland 92 vs. Detroit 86
- Feb 10, 2017 - Oakland 89 vs. Detroit 80
- Jan 13, 2017 - Detroit 93 vs. Oakland 88
- Feb 26, 2016 - Oakland 108 vs. Detroit 97
- Jan 16, 2016 - Oakland 86 vs. Detroit 82
Injury Report for OaklandNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Detroit
- Madut Akec: Out (Undisclosed)