No. 22 Wisconsin @ No. 21 Ohio State
Current Records: Wisconsin 8-1; Ohio State 7-2
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the #22 Wisconsin Badgers will be on the road. The Badgers and the #21 Ohio State Buckeyes will face off in a Big Ten battle at noon ET Saturday at Value City Arena. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Wisconsin didn't have too much breathing room in their matchup with the Indiana Hoosiers on Wednesday, but they still walked away with a 64-59 victory. It was another big night for Wisconsin's guard Jonathan Davis, who had 23 points in addition to nine boards.
Meanwhile, the Towson Tigers typically have all the answers at home, but on Wednesday OSU proved too difficult a challenge. OSU enjoyed a cozy 85-74 win over Towson. The Buckeyes got double-digit scores from four players: forward Kyle Young (18), forward Justin Ahrens (16), forward E.J. Liddell (15), and forward Zed Key (13).
The Badgers are expected to lose this next one by 4.5. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a six-game streak of ATS wins.
Wisconsin is now 8-1 while OSU sits at 7-2. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Wisconsin ranks fifth in college basketball when it comes to turnovers per game, with only 8.6 on average. Less enviably, OSU is stumbling into the contest with the 46th fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 11.6 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Value City Arena -- Columbus, Ohio
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.00
The Buckeyes are a 4.5-point favorite against the Badgers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Wisconsin have won five out of their last eight games against Ohio State.
- Jan 23, 2021 - Ohio State 74 vs. Wisconsin 62
- Feb 09, 2020 - Wisconsin 70 vs. Ohio State 57
- Jan 03, 2020 - Wisconsin 61 vs. Ohio State 57
- Mar 10, 2019 - Wisconsin 73 vs. Ohio State 67
- Dec 02, 2017 - Ohio State 83 vs. Wisconsin 58
- Feb 23, 2017 - Ohio State 83 vs. Wisconsin 73
- Jan 12, 2017 - Wisconsin 89 vs. Ohio State 66
- Feb 04, 2016 - Wisconsin 79 vs. Ohio State 68
Injury Report for Ohio State
- Seth Towns: Out (Back)
- Justice Sueing: Out (Abdomen)
Injury Report for Wisconsin
- Carter Gilmore: Out (Illness)
- Lorne Bowman II: Out (Illness)
- Matthew Mors: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Chris Hodges: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)