Pod: Doyel in Dallas talking Dunk City, the rest of the Dance
The national voice of CBSSports.com has returned to the podcast. Gregg Doyel is here with me in Dallas, and we're going to watch some games at Jerry's Spacedome on Friday night. So with that in mind, I had to get him on.
The national voice of CBSSports.com has returned to the podcast. Gregg Doyel is here with me in Dallas, and we're going to watch some games at Jerry's Spacedome on Friday night. So with that in mind, I had to get him on. We're sharing the same hotel. But in the interest of giving you a good-sounding pod, I actually called him instead of sharing the same room and recording person-to-person.
We get into the Thursday night results but go heavy with the Friday action, and look at college hoops big-picture in general as well. He's a national columnist -- that's his purview. So it's good to step back and get the broad interpretation from folks from time to time.
- From the beginning: I knew he'd give me a little grief for not getting him on sooner. It's tough love! I think it's a compliment.
- 2:30: Doyel wrote on FGCU on Thursday, here's the column, and here are his thoughts.
- 7:30: Now we get to Florida. Just Florida. You know, favored Florida.
- 10:30: Story time. Or: How and why I had an FGCU player on my flight on Thursday. Yes, really.
- 15:50: Kansas-Michigan.
- 17:30: What about this Cowboys Stadium setup? Is it a complete monstrosity?
- 19:45: Thursday night action.
- 27:20: Some gym talk (??) but a good piece of reflection from Doyel here. It relates to that Henderson column above.
- 29:40: Wrap it up with some big-picture college hoops stuff.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
There are places NBA prospects can develop if they pass on college and don't want to play...
Duke's Grayson Allen, Notre Dame's Bonzie Colson and UNC's Joel Berry make a pretty good ACC...
Finding the best basketball situation should be the only motivator for budding stars
We asked more than 100 coaches to give their predictions on how the NCAA will judge two massive...
After leaving Western Kentucky, five-star recruit's future in college basketball seems slim...
Hollywood, 19, redshirted last season