Podcast: How Kentucky and Carolina have switched roles
With college basketball's regular season coming to an end this weekend, the podcast finally brings on a guest we've long wanted: RushtheCourt.net editor Randy McClure. RTC has long been one of the best college hoops blogs out there, and Randy is a really smart guy. He and host Matt Norlander touch on Kentucky, Carolina, the bid process, the reasons they got into college hoops.
With college basketball's regular season coming to an end this weekend, the podcast finally brings on a guest we've long wanted: RushtheCourt.net editor Randy McClure. RTC has long been one of the best college hoops blogs out there, and Randy is a really smart guy. I think you'll dig some of the background-setting convo we have outside of the contemporary hoops talk. We get into Kentucky, Carolina, the bid process, the Cal-Stanford fight, the reasons we got into college hoops. Lots to look back at for games this week but we also glance ahead to conference tournament championships and Selection Sunday -- just NINE DAYS AWAY.
- From the beginning: Introducing Randy to the pod. He and I have a lot in common in terms of how we built our independent sites and when/what inspired us to do so.
- 8:30: Getting into Kentucky's problems and John Calipari's brilliant, latest spin.
- 14:25: North Carolina gets Duke Saturday at home and a lot of people have been buying the Heels as a tourney dark horse. Randy and I don't.
- 16:40: The difference in ones, twos and threes -- there's separation there. At least in my opinion. Randy disagrees.
- 18:35: Virginia. Oh, Virginia.
- 21:15: Villanova/our value with getting really good wins. Or: Why we like Villanova more than Memphis when it comes to tournament inclusion/seeding.
- 23:40: Cal/Stanford fight.
- 25:30: Randy participated in this, which I loved. So we get into the background of it. Some good thoughts on Vitale as well.
- 31:50: Wrap up with some tourney talk. Enjoy the games this weekend, everybody.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
What a wild ride
Meet the mid-major coach who refused to vote for the teams involved in the recruiting scan...
The player, now at the University of Portland, says he was injured during a workout which broke...
Please don't start with the 'Being preseason No. 1 didn't work out so well for Duke last season!'...
A look at some of the biggest name coaches in new places in 2017
The Big Ten will start playing 20 conference games a season earlier than the ACC