Podcast: It's our Blue Ribbon preview
If you consider yourself a loveable and knowledgeable college basketball fan, it means you do three things. 1) You religiously read CBSSports.com 2) You're a beautiful and loyal subscriber to this very podcast 3) You've already ordered the Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook. And if that third note isn't correct, then correct it immediately.
|Your humble podcast host gets way too excited even looking at this. (Blue Ribbon Yearbook)|
If you consider yourself a loveable and knowledgeable college basketball fan, it means you do three things.
1) You religiously read CBSSports.com.
2) You're a beautiful and loyal subscriber to this very podcast.
3) You've already ordered the Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook.
And if that third note isn't right, then correct it immediately. The pod brings on the editor of the sport's very best, thickest, most objective preseason "magazine," only this isn't a magazine. It's an annual bible of sorts. Chris Dortch is knowledgeable on all things hoops, but especially the SEC, and a good portion of today's podcast focuses on that league in particular, which means Kentucky hoops is, of course, addressed.
- From the beginning: The history of the Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook. This is admittedly a podcast for hoops diehards. I try to spread the pod's content out across a lot of platforms with college basketball, but today's is undeniably for the passionate, old-school sect.
- 7:05: How the book actually gets put together when so many schools are on their own timelines/deadlines for putting out official rosters and schedules.
- 12:00: Dortch has every single edition of the Yearbook -- except the first one. We need to get this man that rarity. Apparently we need to rob Bob Ley.
- 15:15: Moving on to talk about the season ahead -- what the Yearbook covers so thoroughly -- and we start with why Dortch is big on the Big Ten and enjoys the Atlantic 10's new arrangement.
- 18:30: As I mention above, Dortch lives in SEC territory and specializes/writes about that league more than any other, so we go deep into the state of the league now and for the future.
- 29:30: Which SEC teams are going to the tournament and what seeds are they getting?
--> MP3: download the episode here
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web
--> If you're not already subscribed to this dapper podcast via iTunes, please do so now.
The Wildcats, No. 6 in Friday's updated Top 25 (and one), play their first tough team in a...
Thomas will be just the third player to have his number retired at the University of Washi...
The 47,000 square foot facility on Nike's world headquarters looks awesome
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander discuss the latest in college basketball
The university also maintains that Pitino was appropriately fired
Price only made it nine games into his third season