Podcast: Those bad, bad Badgers did in Indiana again
Gary Parrish, Jeff Goodman and Matt Norlander go over the Wisconsin-Indiana game, Kentucky's issues continuing, and the end to regulation in Ole Miss-Vandy, one of the craziest sequences of the season so far.
|Jared Berggren gets way up on Victor Oladipo. The podcast gives plenty of love to the Badgers. (Getty Images)|
A riveting Tuesday night of hoops and icy weather conditions stranding Gary Parrish in Memphis led us to record the Wednesday podcast late on Tuesday. Parrish, Jeff Goodman and yours truly go over the Wisconsin-Indiana game, Kentucky's issues continuing and the end of regulation in Ole Miss-Vandy, one of the craziest sequences of the season to date. And, in between all that, we board here and there with random hoops topics. It's everything you've come to expect from the hump day version of the podcast.
- From the beginning: On last week's podcast these guys coaxed me into agreeing to play acoustic guitar to them, live, as we recorded. But due to the weather, of all things, that's not happening here. I explain why. And don't worry, the coffee-house jam session is coming soon enough.
- 3:30: The first game we gotta get to is a Bo Ryan classic, the Badgers going into Bloomington and beating Indiana.
- 8:30: We drift off the Wisconsin-IU talk and head into a Kentucky-Ole Miss discussion, but more about the whims of bracket projections. Parrish has to get something off his chest.
- 12:30: As for Indiana, let's not declare this team below elite status yet, all right?
- 16:30: Now, Kentucky barely managed to beat a Tennessee team that's so tough to watch. And the game was at Rupp, where UK lost to Texas A&M just a few days ago. So what gives, Cats fans?
- 23:50: Missouri and Alex Oriakhi. Tigers fans seem to be underwhelmed by his play. What they're getting wrong there, explained here.
- 26:50: I irked Parrish with something I talked about on Monday's podcast, and he goes after me here on it. His points are valid, as usual.
- 33:00: Do you know how much refs make per game? And this isn't their full-time job. These cats are loaded.
- 35:45: It's faint, but you can hear it when I finally pick up the guitar and fall to peer pressure. Can you name the tune I'm plucking? We close out the podcast with random chatter, as is our habit, and there you go. Hope you enjoy.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
After a close game against Michigan, Air Force is playing San Diego State with some moment...
Quickley played for John Calipari this summer with USA Basketball
A revamped Erwin Center is part of a $4.25 million upgrade to the Longhorns' hoops facilit...
Nov. 10 will be here before you know it so here's what you need to know
The league would be wise to treat that series like the ACC treats Duke-North Carolina
Pacific is penalized after the NCAA found academic rules were broken