Loyola Marymount @ Portland
Current Records: Loyola Marymount 9-13; Portland 12-12
What to Know
The Portland Pilots have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Loyola Marymount Lions and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 3 of 2018. The Pilots and Loyola Marymount will face off in a West Coast battle at 10 p.m. ET this past Saturday at Earle A. Chiles Center. The neutral point spread forecasts a close one for these two.
Portland escaped with a win last week against the San Francisco Dons by the margin of a single free throw, 69-68. Among those leading the charge for Portland was forward Kristian Sjolund, who shot 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with a double-double on 23 points and 18 rebounds. Sjolund had some trouble finding his footing against San Francisco in the teams' previous meeting earlier this month, so this was a step in the right direction. Sjolund's points were the most he has had all year.
Speaking of close games: Loyola Marymount was just a bucket short of a victory this past Thursday and fell 83-82 to the Brigham Young Cougars. A silver lining for the Lions was the play of forward Keli Leaupepe, who had 26 points in addition to seven boards.
The Pilots ended up a good deal behind Loyola Marymount when they played in the teams' previous meeting in January, losing 70-58. Maybe Portland will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Earle A. Chiles Center -- Portland, Oregon
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lions are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Pilots, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Lions as a 1-point favorite.
Loyola Marymount have won nine out of their last 13 games against Portland.
- Jan 17, 2022 - Loyola Marymount 70 vs. Portland 58
- Jan 25, 2021 - Loyola Marymount 75 vs. Portland 50
- Feb 22, 2020 - Loyola Marymount 66 vs. Portland 58
- Jan 23, 2020 - Loyola Marymount 77 vs. Portland 65
- Feb 09, 2019 - Loyola Marymount 72 vs. Portland 55
- Jan 05, 2019 - Loyola Marymount 76 vs. Portland 64
- Mar 02, 2018 - Loyola Marymount 78 vs. Portland 72
- Feb 03, 2018 - Portland 68 vs. Loyola Marymount 66
- Jan 20, 2018 - Portland 72 vs. Loyola Marymount 65
- Feb 11, 2017 - Loyola Marymount 66 vs. Portland 60
- Jan 14, 2017 - Loyola Marymount 79 vs. Portland 78
- Feb 06, 2016 - Portland 92 vs. Loyola Marymount 78
- Dec 21, 2015 - Portland 87 vs. Loyola Marymount 60
Injury Report for Portland
- Jack Perry: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Mike Meadows: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for Loyola Marymount
- Dameane Douglas: Out for the Season (Ankle)