Georgetown @ Seton Hall
Regular Season Records: Georgetown 6-24; Seton Hall 20-9
What to Know
The Seton Hall Pirates are 12-4 against the Georgetown Hoyas since February of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success on Wednesday. Seton Hall and Georgetown are set to clash at 9:30 p.m. ET March 9 at Madison Square Garden in the first round of the Big East Conference Tourney. The Pirates have the odds in their favor, so they'll need to guard against complacency.
Even if it wasn't a dominant performance, Seton Hall beat the Creighton Bluejays 65-60 on Saturday. Seton Hall relied on the efforts of guard Jared Rhoden, who had 19 points along with six boards, and forward Alexis Yetna, who posted a double-double on 11 points and 11 rebounds. Yetna hadn't helped his team much against Georgetown when the two teams last met earlier in the regular season, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
Meanwhile, the Hoyas were expected to have a tough go of it on Saturday, and, well, they did. They found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 97-75 punch to the gut against the Xavier Musketeers. Guard Kaiden Rice wasn't much of a difference maker for Georgetown; Rice played for 32 minutes but put up just nine points on 3-for-13 shooting.
Seton Hall's victory lifted them to 20-9 while Georgetown's loss dropped them down to an irreparable 6-24. If the Pirates want to win, they will need to focus on stopping Georgetown's guard Aminu Mohammed, who dropped a double-double on 16 rebounds and 15 points, and forward Collin Holloway, who had 17 points. We'll see whether or not they are up to the challenge.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden -- New York, New York
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Pirates are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Hoyas, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Pirates as a 10-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Seton Hall have won 12 out of their last 16 games against Georgetown.
- Mar 02, 2022 - Seton Hall 73 vs. Georgetown 68
- Feb 01, 2022 - Seton Hall 70 vs. Georgetown 63
- Mar 12, 2021 - Georgetown 66 vs. Seton Hall 58
- Feb 20, 2021 - Georgetown 81 vs. Seton Hall 75
- Dec 23, 2020 - Seton Hall 78 vs. Georgetown 67
- Feb 05, 2020 - Seton Hall 78 vs. Georgetown 71
- Jan 03, 2020 - Seton Hall 78 vs. Georgetown 62
- Mar 14, 2019 - Seton Hall 73 vs. Georgetown 57
- Mar 02, 2019 - Georgetown 77 vs. Seton Hall 71
- Feb 13, 2019 - Seton Hall 90 vs. Georgetown 75
- Feb 10, 2018 - Georgetown 83 vs. Seton Hall 80
- Jan 13, 2018 - Seton Hall 74 vs. Georgetown 61
- Feb 28, 2017 - Seton Hall 62 vs. Georgetown 59
- Feb 04, 2017 - Seton Hall 68 vs. Georgetown 66
- Feb 17, 2016 - Seton Hall 72 vs. Georgetown 64
- Feb 06, 2016 - Seton Hall 69 vs. Georgetown 61
Injury Report for Seton Hall
- Kadary Richmond: Game-Time Decision (Thumb)
- Sylwester Granda: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Brandon Weston: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Bryce Aiken: Out for the Season (Concussion)
- Jahari Long: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Georgetown
- Wayne Bristol Jr.: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Jordan Riley: Out for the Season (Shoulder)