Arizona @ Stanford
Current Records: Arizona 14-1; Stanford 10-5
What to Know
The Stanford Cardinal won both of their matches against the #3 Arizona Wildcats last season (78-75 and 73-64) and are aiming for the same result on Thursday. Stanford and the Wildcats will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 11 p.m. ET at Maples Pavilion. The Cardinal are out to keep their seven-game home win streak alive.
It was close but no cigar for Stanford as they fell 67-64 to the Washington Huskies on Saturday. Despite the defeat, Stanford got a solid performance out of forward Lukas Kisunas, who posted a double-double on 12 rebounds and ten points. Kisunas had some trouble finding his footing against the Washington State Cougars last Thursday, so this was a step in the right direction.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the contest between Arizona and the Utah Utes on Saturday was still a pretty decisive one as Arizona wrapped it up with an 82-64 victory at home. The Wildcats' forward Azuolas Tubelis did his thing and had 32 points and five assists along with eight boards.
The Cardinal have to know they'll be fighting an uphill battle given the 11.50 point spread they are up against. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 3-1-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
Arizona's win lifted them to 14-1 while Stanford's loss dropped them down to 10-5. We'll see if Arizona can repeat their recent success or if Stanford bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 11 p.m. ET
- Where: Maples Pavilion -- Stanford, California
- TV: ESPN University
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $42.00
The Wildcats are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Cardinal, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Wildcats, as the game opened with the Wildcats as a 9.5-point favorite.
Arizona have won nine out of their last 11 games against Stanford.
- Jan 28, 2021 - Stanford 73 vs. Arizona 64
- Dec 19, 2020 - Stanford 78 vs. Arizona 75
- Feb 15, 2020 - Arizona 69 vs. Stanford 60
- Feb 24, 2019 - Arizona 70 vs. Stanford 54
- Jan 09, 2019 - Arizona 75 vs. Stanford 70
- Mar 01, 2018 - Arizona 75 vs. Stanford 67
- Jan 20, 2018 - Arizona 73 vs. Stanford 71
- Feb 08, 2017 - Arizona 74 vs. Stanford 67
- Jan 01, 2017 - Arizona 91 vs. Stanford 52
- Mar 05, 2016 - Arizona 94 vs. Stanford 62
- Jan 21, 2016 - Arizona 71 vs. Stanford 57
Injury Report for StanfordNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Arizona
- Kim Aiken Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Personal)
- Jordan Mains: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)