Vegas sports book releases national championship odds
William Hill Race & Sports Books released its national championship odds on Monday night -- and it has some interesting picks.
|Like nearly everyone else, Las Vegas thinks Indiana is the preseason favorite to win the title. (US Presswire)|
Outside of Top 25 polls, betting odds are usually a pretty good way of quickly assessing a team’s national title chances. Of course, there are always some weird lines that make you raise your eyebrows. Then again, Vegas always finds a way to be right.
William Hill Race & Sports Books on Monday released its odds to win the 2013 national championship, and it has some interesting choices.
Across the board, Indiana Hoosiers , Kentucky Wildcats and Louisville Cardinals are the three national title favorites – and William Hill agrees. That’s where it gets fun, though.
UCLA Bruins seems a bit high at 15-1; the NCAA still hasn't cleared Shabazz Muhammad and Kyle Anderson and, after all, this is a team that didn’t even reach the NCAA tournament last season.
William Hill seems to have the same opinion of Tobacco Road as everyone else: too close to call. It went with Duke Blue Devils and North Carolina Tar Heels at 20-1, and NC State Wolfpack just behind at 22-1.
The best values, in my opinion, come in the 30-1 range. I have both Missouri Tigers and UNLV Rebels in my Final Four, while Arizona Wildcats could be a threat if Mark Lyons and the freshman big men pan out. At 50-1, San Diego State Aztecs has plenty of depth and talent from top to bottom. For a deep sleeper, check out Kansas State Wildcats at 100-1. The Wildcats are likely a Top-25 team to start the season and could have a gaudy record deep into the season.
Here’s the complete odds listings:
- Indiana -- 6-1
- Kentucky -- 7-1
- Louisville -- 8-1
- Michigan State Spartans -- 15-1
- UCLA -- 15-1
- Kansas Jayhawks -- 15-1
- FIELD -- 15-1
- Ohio State Buckeyes State" data-canon="Ohio Bobcats" data-type="SPORTS_OBJECT_TEAM" id="shortcode0"> --18-1
- Duke -- 20-1
- Syracuse Orange -- 20-1
- Michigan Wolverines -- 20-1
- North Carolina -- 20-1
- NC State -- 22-1
- Missouri -- 30-1
- Florida Gators -- 30-1
- Arizona -- 30-1
- UNLV -- 30-1
- Pittsburgh Panthers -- 45-1
- Memphis Tigers -- 45-1
- San Diego State Aztecs -- 50-1
- Georgetown Hoyas -- 50-1
- Cincinnati Bearcats -- 60-1
- Gonzaga Bulldogs -- 60-1
- Texas Longhorns -- 60-1
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish -- 75-1
- Baylor Bears -- 75-1
- Creighton Bluejays -- 80-1
- Vanderbilt Commodores -- 80-1
- Wisconsin Badgers -- 90-1
- Alabama Crimson Tide -- 90-1
- California Golden Bears -- 100-1
- St. John's Red Storm -- 100-1
- Texas A&M Aggies -- 100-1
- Villanova Wildcats -- 100-1
- Butler Bulldogs -- 100-1
- Minnesota Golden Gophers -- 100-1
- Kansas State Wildcats -- 100-1
- Marquette Golden Eagles -- 100-1
- Arkansas Razorbacks -- 100-1
- Florida State Seminoles -- 100-1
- West Virginia Mountaineers -- 100-1
- Illinois Fighting Illini -- 100-1
- Providence Friars -- 100-1
- Davidson Wildcats -- 100-1
- Ohio Bobcats -- 100-1
- Seton Hall Pirates -- 100-1
- Stanford Cardinal -- 100-1
- Iowa State Cyclones -- 100-1
- Brigham Young Cougars -- 125-1
- Nevada Wolf Pack -- 300-1
Duke's much-anticipated Allen-Duval connection is off to a hot start already
It'll be Miller vs. Miller if the Hoosiers and Wildcats can finalize the proposed series
Wisconsin's Ethan Happ has made only two jumpers in his career, but is adding a long-range...
The deal is part of long-awaited $2.64 billion contract; CBS' hoops-only commitment runs through...
If Wichita State guard Landry Shamet has a breakout season, he could leave early for the N...
Athletic big man finished 3-day trip to Durham, N.C., with trips to USC, Arizona coming up